1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
A special thanks to Melissa over at Bons Vivants this morning for this generous award! If you haven’t checked out Melissa’s blog yet, you need to head over and see what you’re missing. Melissa is an amazing writer and I’m honored to showcase her this upcoming week as my very first Guest Blogger! Be sure to stop by and hear what Melissa has to say about her memories of berry picking with her grandma here at Mommie Cooks.
Seven Things to Share About Myself:
1. I spent a summer researching Mexican Freetail bats and spelunking lava tubes in Northern California.
2. As a teenager growing up with my parents, I had absolutely no desire to learn how to cook. I could barely boil water.
3. My only two celebrity encounters, as paltry as they are, were Nancy Kerrigan at a seafood restaurant in Boston and Jerry Springer at Chicago’s O’hare airport. I couldn’t believe how much older he looks in person.
4. I’ve always wanted to be on the Amazing Race. My brother and I actually hiked to the bottom of Havasupi Falls in the Grand Canyon and made a video from there. We have yet be welcomed to the show.
5. I love the outdoors, hiking, and camping. It’s a dream of mine to one day hike the entire Appalachian Trail. Call me crazy, but I love to tackle a good challenge.
6. A friend and I ran a baby carrier business for about a year and a half and then sold it off for a small profit. Yes, I’m a babywearing addict.
7. I spent a semester during college studying abroad in The Netherlands. At one point in time I was “this close” to being a fluent dutch speaker. Now I’m lucky if I can ask for a sandwich.
15 Blogs Worthy of Sharing this Award With
Happy Mother’s Day to all those mom’s out there!
Happy Mother's Day Julie! And thank you for the lovely award! It is so nice to be considered versatile – and as moms we live versatile!
My husband and I spent a month in Holland with his company. We saw Bruce Springsteen in concert in Rotterdam! We had a blast – of course, it was B.C. (Before Children).
Mary at Deep South Dish says
Hi Julie! Thanks so much for thinking of me! Hope you've had a wonderful Mother's Day!
The Activity Mom says
Thank you! What a fun surprise. Made my day! =)
~3 Sides of Crazy~ says
Thank you Julie. This truly was a lovely mother's day surprise! We hope you have a wonderful mother's day and relaxing Sunday.
You all deserve it! You're blogs are wonderful and I've really enjoyed finding them and having the opportunity to read through them. I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day as well!
Thanks Julie! I really appreciate it! Loved reading those little facts about you, so much fun!
I never wanted to learn how to cook either…I guess I thought my meals would simply appear of I would wake up at a certain age and know how to. I used to watch Jerry Springer all the time…before he got really weird.
Aw, thank you for thinking of me!
As for those facts – wow, just wow. You are definitely an interesting and well-rounded person!
Ma What's 4 dinner says
Congrats on your awards, you sooo deserve them. Swing by my place today. You got a shout out.
Lots of yummy love,
Alex aka Ma What's For Dinner