1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!
4. Contact the bloggers you’ve picked and let them know about the award.
A special thanks to Melissa over at Bons Vivants this morning for this generous award! If you haven’t checked out Melissa’s blog yet, you need to head over and see what you’re missing. Melissa is an amazing writer and I’m honored to showcase her this upcoming week as my very first Guest Blogger! Be sure to stop by and hear what Melissa has to say about her memories of berry picking with her grandma here at Mommie Cooks.
Seven Things to Share About Myself:
1. I spent a summer researching Mexican Freetail bats and spelunking lava tubes in Northern California.
2. As a teenager growing up with my parents, I had absolutely no desire to learn how to cook. I could barely boil water.
3. My only two celebrity encounters, as paltry as they are, were Nancy Kerrigan at a seafood restaurant in Boston and Jerry Springer at Chicago’s O’hare airport. I couldn’t believe how much older he looks in person.
4. I’ve always wanted to be on the Amazing Race. My brother and I actually hiked to the bottom of Havasupi Falls in the Grand Canyon and made a video from there. We have yet be welcomed to the show.
5. I love the outdoors, hiking, and camping. It’s a dream of mine to one day hike the entire Appalachian Trail. Call me crazy, but I love to tackle a good challenge.
6. A friend and I ran a baby carrier business for about a year and a half and then sold it off for a small profit. Yes, I’m a babywearing addict.
7. I spent a semester during college studying abroad in The Netherlands. At one point in time I was “this close” to being a fluent dutch speaker. Now I’m lucky if I can ask for a sandwich.
15 Blogs Worthy of Sharing this Award With
Happy Mother’s Day to all those mom’s out there!