Are you ready for a fun party idea for Halloween with your children?
Our Rice Krispies challenge team, Amy of She Wears Many Hats, Sommer of A Spicy Perspective, Robyn of Add a Pinch and myself planned a “Make Your Own Monster” party that is sure to be the highlight of your Halloween season!
We knew when The Motherhood and Rice Krispies announced Halloween as the theme for this challenge that we would make a fun party theme where children could easily get in on the action of making treats they’d be happy to show off as well as devour.
Our “Make Your Own Monster” party certainly met and exceeded that expectation!
And the party just couldn’t be simpler!
Make a recipe of Rice Krispies treats with the addition of apple pie spice to create a classic Fall favorite treat. Then allow your children to let their creativity shine as they make their monster using their favorite cookie cutter option and decorating with frosting and candies.
For our party monsters we used gingerbread man cookie cutter for the full-size monster, a skull cookie cutter for Frankenstein’s Bride, and then simply cut squares for Frankenstein himself as well as a few of his closest monster-y friends!
We think the “Make Your Own Monster” party will be an instant hit at your house this Halloween!!!
Recipe: Make Your Own Monsters Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 Tb. butter
- 4 cups (10 oz.) mini marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice
- decorator frosting, various colors
- assorted candies
- Spray a 9 X 13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and marshmallows over medium heat. Once melted add apple pie spice and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add the Rice Krispies. Stir until coated.
- Spoon the Rice Krispies mixture into the prepared pan. Press firmly with wax paper.
- Once cooled, use cookie cutters to cut the Rice Krispies Treats into desired shapes.
- Decorate Rice Krispies treats with decorator frosting and assorted candies to make your own monster
And now, we’re excited to share another treat for you!!! One reader will win a $100 Visa gift card courtesy of The Motherhood and Rice Krispies from each member of our team:
How to Enter
Simply leave a comment letting me know your favorite way to eat Rice Krispie Treats!
This contest is open through October 21, 2011 at midnight Eastern time. The winner will be announced on this post sometime on October 22, 2001 and will also be notified by email. The winner has 48 hours to respond before another winner will be chosen.
UPDATE! The winner is #46 – Cathy W. Congrats!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post from Rice Krispies and The Motherhood. Each team member was compensated for their time, but as always, all opinions are our own.