Yay! You found me!
Welcome to Mommie Cooks. This is my little corner of the internet where we chat about all things food, family, health and home. I currently live in Charlotte, NC and am a mom to four incredibly handsome boys. I started this blog in 2010 as solely a food blog but recently decided to shake things up to include some of the other passions in my life.
It’s always fun to get the know the face behind the blog a bit better, so let’s get acquainted and have a little fun! You ready? Let’s do this!
Five things you may not know about me:
- I am a road warrior addict. I delight in taking lengthy road trips; especially with my kids in tow. Glutton for punishment? Perhaps. The boys and I have driven to faraway places such as Maine, Delaware, Sanibel Island and Minneapolis. When Benji turns 5 we have a 6 week West Coast national park extravaganza planned. National parks, cactus and mountains Oh My!
- I despise olives in all shapes and sizes. I know, I know. There must be something seriously wrong with me. Honestly, I’ve tried to like them. Every couple of years I’ll even toss one in my mouth in the hopes that my taste buds have changed but, alas, they never do. Even walking by the olive bar in the grocery store is a bit more then I can bear.
- I love bats. Don’t knock the humble bat in my presence. I spent a summer studying and counting Mexican Freetail bats in the Cascade Mountains of Northern California. The little guys are incredible. Did you realize that one bitty bat can eat up to a pound of mosquitoes in just one night? Mmmm, mmmm. Sign me up.
- Hiking is my peaceful place. Ever since I was a child, wandering around in nature has made me a happy person. I love long hikes, short hikes, hilly hikes and flat hikes. Adding small children to the mix didn’t stop me. I just threw them up on my back and away we’d go. To this day, Benji and I hike up my favorite local mountain a few times a month simply because we can. Scott and I recently conquered the tour du Mont Blanc in the Swiss Alps. No baby on the back for that one but it was 108 miles of alpine hiking over nine days. Aching toes and stinky clothes were the name of the game but I relished Every. Single. Minute.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Big Brother. Ok, unhealthy might be a bit of a strong word. I mean, just because I haven’t missed an episode like Ever, doesn’t mean I have a problem right? My husband calls it trash tv. I call it my yearly summertime indulgence. I think we both know who’s right with this one.
So there you have it in a nutshell. Hang out with me and I guarantee you will discover smiles, tasty treats, cool projects, healthy motivation and so much more; I’m stoked you’re here! Thanks so much for stopping by and be sure to stick around to see what I’ll cook up next!